Sunday 14 July 2013

sober thoughts.......

Apology for late involvement, new family taking all my time and only been fleetingly reviewing via Blackberry (never a good thing), plus I would have preferred to do this on a private forum. A further small request Luc, in future pse could you rather bcc all parties, as I have now done, cc offers welcome opportunities for spam mailers.
 
However, with an obvious vested interest and with matters getting rather heated, perhaps I could add my, hopefully sober thoughts to bring everything into perceptive..well as I see it.
 
While I agree with what seems to be a majority feeling, the approach could have been a little more diplomatic, the issues at stake remain the same and should not be ignored. Luc/Chris, you know you have my support and I thank you for taking the fight on your shoulders but perhaps a little more tact could go further, although I fully understand your frustrations as the slow progress and again, what we perceive to be, the digression of the HGRG Committee.
 
Also, although if my fleeting reviews of the emails are correct, to me the threat of legal action is at this stage merely utilising the same tactic that the Golf owners, etc are using, namely a tactical threat to sell out, take action etc. Legal action and the financial costs associated with such action, are perceived by any normal person with major concern, hence the numerous emails attempting to remove themselves from any such action.. Here again, my constructive criticism, a private forum discussion would have dispelled any thoughts that you were forcing us into major legal and financial implications. Also the notice period of a few hours  to such an emotive matter is barely enough to read your email, let alone to consider and offer suggestions, support etc. May I respectfully suggest, in future sufficient time be granted before an email that should represent all of us, be sent.
 
An Owner
I have absolute sympathy for Committee members who in the circumstances are doing their best for little recognition and in truth, a voluntary position. But with all due respect, that is no excuse, you took on the position so deal with the criticism. I am not being harsh but people, have you every stopped to look at HRGR as you enter from the highway...it's a citadel on it's own, it needs a full time professional 'Mayor and town council'., not, albeit well meaning and good people who are given up there retirement time to help the community, volunteers. Very much appreciated but guys, we invested in a 'city', to run it properly, will cost a bit more by having professionals but could solve so much. I have no doubt some of the committee members, in their professional capacities could very well be part of the council, who get paid and are held accountable to look after our interest. However, to respond to criticism by banning an elected person from discussions, I must respectfully remark, kinda proves my point.
 
I think I also read somewhere that Luci was being accused of trying to hand the golf course to amateurs?...again, emotions have understandably taken over and the emails have not been read correctly. From what I understand, that isn't at all what is being said and in truth I agree with Luci that equally, the HRGR Committee should not be intimidated by bulling tactics of PW, Banks controlling sections of HGRG etc.
 
As far as the workers compound (one of my three pet 'passions', together with gardens and the eroding back hill! ), has got to a point which really needs to be addressed. I have read and understand the Presidents seemly logical explanations but none of this solves the fact, it is a major eye sore (I'm on the the 3rd floor, it is what I look over and no amount of screening trees will block it's ugliness or improve the value of my apartment) and a further fact you cannot ignore, IT WAS NEVER IN THE ORIGINAL PLANS. However, from the emails, it seems Luci has forced the issue and constructive meetings are going to take place with STV or whatever the gardening contractors are called?!
 
..oh yes, I have another pet 'passion'..the Pigeons?!! Thanks to Luci, we don't have a major problem anymore but Jim, sorry mate, they now house with you and when I enquired why a similar blocking off of the ducts couldn't be done so to once and for all get rid of the health problem being caused, I was told because you haven't requested it yet??! Yeah, that's forward thinking.
 
I have no doubt all of us, especially the volunteers have only HRGR at heart (I have absolutely no doubt about Chris/Luci motives) but we would do so much more if we worked together, started accepting the enormity of the job and maybe considered getting full time professionals in. Yes it will cost a bit more but at the moment, costs are rising all the time, so I can't see what we have to lose.
 
Have a peaceful Sunday.
 
Sincerely
 

No comments:

Post a Comment